Friday, April 22, 2011

Here's the Thing About the Wire

I was watching Supernatural last night (shut up... I LOVE that show) and they introduced the angel Uriel, who is this angel (like angel of God angel, not like Joss Whedon's Angel, whom I also quite enjoyed) who just really enjoys killing people and refers to us as "mud monkeys" and I thought, "OMG, it's Bunny Colvin!" Because no matter how great of an actor Robert Wisdom is (and he really is) and no matter how much he brings to his scary angel character, he will always be Bunny Colvin because once you're on The Wire, I'll always think of you as that character.

Which is why Amy Ryan can be hilarious on The Office, but whenever I see her, I'll always think, "Who knew Beadie was so funny?"

And even if you look like this now:

I'll always think, "OMG, it's Wallace!" Even though Wallace looked like this:

Because that's how good The Wire was.

(I meant this for my other blog, but I'll leave it here and throw in a baby step note that I wish I could create characters as indelible as the ones David Simon made for The Wire)

No comments:

Post a Comment